Dear OrthoPlateau Family:
We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines (Please note that all elective, non-urgent dental procedures have been prohibited until May 19th. This date is subject to change per the Governor's proclamation). While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We have always practiced rigorous universal precautions with our infection control and have invested even more to keep you safe. We have installed advanced medical grade air filtration technology which will eliminate any airborne pathogens and replace the air in our facility several times per hour.
To further enhance safety for our patients and staff will be implementing some new procedures such as:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We ask that you stay in your vehicle and text us at 425-868-6880 when you arrive. We will call or text you when it’s your time to enter the office. Please come with a mask on and keep it on until directed to remove it by our staff.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Our waiting room and restroom will be closed so anyone accompanying you will be asked to wait outside the building when feasible. Parents who elect to wait outside may choose to send their smart phone with their child so that we may record an appointment summary for your convenience.
- Our tooth brush station will be closed. Please floss and brush your teeth thoroughly at home before your appointment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We will be calling to reschedule cancelled appointments shortly. Otherwise, to make an appointment, please call our office at 425-868-6880 or visit our website at www.orthoplateau.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Trujillo & The OrthoPlateau Team